Multifamily General Notice 2020-001: COVID -19 Emergency Work Measures
During the COVID-19 outbreak the AHFA Multifamily Division will implement emergency measures to address the work of the department in the safest possible manner. The Multifamily Division will work at 50 percent staffing with all healthy and available staff alternating days present in the office to provide services during this time. These staffing measures are temporary and are expected to continue through the month of March but could be revised or terminated at any time. These are designed to enable the operations of the AHFA Multifamily Division to continue, and to limit exposure to or transmission of the virus. During this time, please keep the following in mind:
- Please plan in advance to send all information to AHFA. Requests for action/determination by AHFA staff should be sent as early as possible.
- Please allow additional processing time on requests.
- There may be uncertainty on responsiveness to certain issues depending on the health and availability of internal and/or external subject matter experts.
- Reach out to specific AHFA Multifamily personnel with whom you are currently working regarding status or questions.
- Expect HOME closings via mail for the foreseeable future of this viral outbreak.
- Site visits and property inspections are suspended for the duration of these measures.
If you do not receive an acknowledgement of communication from AHFA Multifamily personnel within 1 business week, please call 334-244-9200 and ask to speak to someone in the Multifamily Division.